Re: [Shop-talk] My equivalent of a nuclear meltdown.....

To: Gerald Brazil <gerrybraz@cablespeed.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] My equivalent of a nuclear meltdown.....
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 10:47:57 -0700
Gerald - I am assuming you have a low deck.  Do you know where the
critter is going under the deck?  If so, make sure all other areas are
blocked then make some sort of one way flap at the entrance.  That
should let the critter out and not back in.  Hopefully it would then
move to another home away from your deck.

For the trap, take a long rope and tie it to the trap.  Might be good to
use something metal (not chewable) to attach the rope to the trap.  If
it turns out to be a skunk, you could drag it away from a safe
distance.  You may want to see if you city/town/county has some sort of
animal control program.  They could haul it away to a better location
and may go so far as to actually trap it for you.

I think my skunk is finally gone.  I had a couple days in a row where I
saw it in the back yard 10 feet from the house.  I had a burrow of some
sort down my back slope and just dropped some big chunks of concrete
down it and have not seen the skunk in months.

Brian