[Shop-talk] Fwd: OFF TOPIC - wood splitting

Subject: [Shop-talk] Fwd: OFF TOPIC - wood splitting
From: eltonclark at gmail.com (Elton E. (Tony) Clark)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 16:58:13 -0500
*I was an equipment dealer and I remember once when a customer requested a
log-splitter demonstration.*
*We delivered a tractor mount Danuser splitter, put it in his tractor and he
showed us his wood pile.*
*It was nearly all cotonwood and he gave us a big grin.  The fibers in
cottonwood can be amazingly twisted and knotted and he know which logs would
be difficult to split!  We finally split the first couple of logs by just
biting off small areas but it wasn't pretty.  The customer bought the
machine because it did better than he imagined!*
**
*Tony*