Re: [Shop-talk] Air Compressor

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air Compressor
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 08:16:39 -0700
> So, I need a new compressor.   I'd like to get a two-stage, with
> enough CFM to run a sandblaster intermittently.  Any brand/model
> suggestions?

It survived 40 years of neglect, and now you want to switch brands ?

I got tired of never having enough air, so I picked up a used 80 gallon "7.5
hp" Craftsman (made by Ingersoll-Rand) from Craigslist for $500 (including
50' of hose) and so far I'm pretty happy with it.  But I do keep the tank
drained, even though I haven't yet hooked up the automatic drain valve.

BTW, the leak turned out to be a cracked fitting at the drain valve.  Guess
it needs more support.

-- Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96