[Shop-talk] the air saga continues

Subject: [Shop-talk] the air saga continues
From: jibjib at att.net (Jack Brooks)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 22:08:58 -0700
I don't always drain my compressor as frequently as I should, but when I
changed out the anode in my hot water heater, I had to cut off about 6
inches, or cut a hole in the ceiling to get it in the tank.  I dropped that
6 inch section of anode in the horizontal compressor tank, so I think I'll
be OK for a while.

I do have about a foot of pipe coming off the bottom of it, with a drain
valve at the end of the pipe, so I have some condensate storage capacity
too.

You do change out your hot water heater tank anode every 3-5 years and flush
the tank every year or so, if it's bottom gas fired, right?

Jack