[Shop-talk] Auto drain for compressor

Subject: [Shop-talk] Auto drain for compressor
From: TR3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 04:00:23 -0700
> The directions say in them "designed for compressors that
> have poly or
> nylon "unloader" tubing and not for compressors with copper or AL
> unloading tools"

I could be mistaken, but I assume that is only because the tee they give you
is designed for use with poly or nylon.  Or maybe they are worried about
temperature (which is why I plan to use copper instead of the supplied
nylon).  My unloader line connects directly to the compressor head, which
can get hot enough to melt nylon.

But maybe I should put the IR drain valve on the compressor, and use the HF
one for the line to the shop.  So far I've not found any moisture at all in
that line.

-- Randall