[Shop-talk] The air saga ENDS!

Subject: [Shop-talk] The air saga ENDS!
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 13:00:10 -0400
OK, so I'm patenting my solution for these air lines (however, I'm not
sure I'm the first person to do it.)

Instead of taking apart all the lines, I decided to go, 'limited tactical
nuke' on them.

At each connection with a leak, the pipe was cut off, and a union with a
short nipple was installed.  While this increased the number of joints
(not what I wanted to do) it affords me the opportunity to remove the bad
joints and replace thread sealer, tighten pipes, over and over again until
it is fixed.

So now, I'm down to a system with only tiniest of leaks (that I can't even
hear.)  Which leaves me toying with the idea to buy a ultrasonic leak
detector to find and fix them.  (read>excuse to buy a new tool!)

I found one for about $100 locally here in NJ.

My question is now, is there anyone in the NJ area that would have need
for one of these?  If so, I may buy it and then I'll help you find your
leaks as well for free.  8>)

Moose
Waldo Emerson