[Shop-talk] Solar Panels are LIVE!!!

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Solar Panels are LIVE!!!
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 08:55:38 -0400
I finally got all the permits needed to turn on my solar panels for my
entire 'compound!'

Here is the first day reporting results...

http://tinyurl.com/5sf78c6

If anyone is thinking about going solar, there are lots of programs out
there to pay for some or all of the costs (but you may not be able to
receive the S-rec credits.)

My installation was priced at $138,000!  (That's no typo.)  Then after
they were installed, the engineer wanted to change how the panels mounted
to the roof and the entire system was removed, the roof was completely
reenforced (sister EVERY rafter and an "A" beam on every rafter.)

My total costs...  $0!!!!  (That's right, in my state, military personnel
get free installation!)  (The company that paid for my installation gets
the S-rec credits however.  They should break even in about 5-7 years.
After that it's pure profit for them.)  There are programs for seniors,
and a few other ones out there. The contract is for 20 years, they are on
the hook for all the maintenance and repairs.  I just get free electricity
and the joy of knowing that I'm more green.

Note, I have 400amp service to my house.  I'm also doing my rental
properties, but I have to pay about 10% of the cost for them under a
different program.

If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a line.  I am very
satisfied by the company and process.  Full disclosure, I qualify for a
referral fee, but that is not why I'm posting it here.

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96