Re: [Shop-talk] Drill Doctor

To: <KVacek@Ameritech.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Drill Doctor
From: "Aric" <shop@shariconglobal.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 20:52:43 -0400
Finally!  A topic I can help with!!!

I picked up a 750x a couple years back and I'm still undecided about it.
Sometimes it puts a great point on, other times it puts a left hand relief
on a right hand drill.  Apparently it's a result of improper timing of the
drill in the holder, but damned if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong
(since it'll do it wrong 3 times in a row and then correctly, all without me
changing a thing).  Small drills can be a pain due to being shorter than the
collet and I have yet to figure out how to use it to touch up the point on
centerdrills.  I also haven't yet figured out how to properly touch up
135deg split point carbide drills with it, or parabolic for that matter.
That said, it usually works just fine for regular drills and I'll usually at
least give it a try before heading over to the grinder to do it by hand.

-aric.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive