Re: [Shop-talk] Pulsing brakes

To: "'Shop Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Pulsing brakes
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 22:38:15 -0700
Ok, replace the front rotors last weekend and the brakes all the way around.
The suspension was tight, with no apparent damaged or worn components.

What I did find was a discolored portion on one disk, the one that vibrated.
There is obviously an issue with the material in one area, either heat
affected, splashed when very hot or something.  I did not do a runout check,
as I didn't notice the area initially, but it feels smooth with no visible
cracks, just a darker area about 1.25 inches in "diameter".

Whatever altered that area was likely the problem.

Jack