[Shop-talk] Follow-up: New house / underground oil tank

Subject: [Shop-talk] Follow-up: New house / underground oil tank
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 07:19:24 -0400
There was (and still is, I think) a exemption for gas stations that didn't
do high volume.  I know there are a few even here in NJ that never had to
pull their tanks (but they will soon.)

Moose
Waldo Emerson

David Scheidt <dmscheidt at gmail.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces at autox.team.net
08/08/2011 20:32

Wayne <wmc_st at xxiii.com>
cc
shop-talk at autox.team.net
Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] Follow-up: New house / underground oil tank

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Wayne <wmc_st at xxiii.com> wrote:
> On 8/8/2011 3:14 PM, Mark Andy wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe we should try to protect ourselves now?
>>
>> I'm just taking a flyer here, but I'm betting cleaning up oil
>> contamination of the drinking water _is_ protecting ourselves?
>
> I am not a hard core "greenie" but I feel like we have to cover our
asses
> within reason. B 15 years ago living in Ohio, the OEPA made everyone
pull
up
> and replace gasoline tanks. B Lots of mom & pop gas stations whined
about
it
> and said "it's just the damn gubment" doing stupid things. B Well I'm
pretty
> sure every one of those tanks was leaking to some degree and I'm glad
the
> state forced the issue.

The 1998ish requirement is federal.

--