Re: [Shop-talk] New garden tractor

To: "Brian Kennedy" <kennedybc@comcast.net>, "Shop Talk"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] New garden tractor
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 12:30:55 -0600
My person experience with a "bought new in 2001" JD X595. Excellent "garden
tractor" -- if that is what you call something with a 24 hp diesel motor in
it -- IMHO. Loader, snow blower, mower, aerator, etc. and no problems. Just
simple routine maintenance.

But somewhere along the line JD changed the model numbers on the machines.
If you buy a "5xx" series machine now you get an machine that is not nearly
what I have. You need to buy a "7xx" series machine to get exactly what the
"5xx" was 10 years ago.

Short answer ... it depends on what make, model and year he is looking at.

If I were buying new the 1026R really looks nice. Regretfully the price
reflects just how proud JD is of the machine ;-}