Re: [Shop-talk] Milwaukee vs Dewalt cordless Hex Impact Driver

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Milwaukee vs Dewalt cordless Hex Impact Driver
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 11:04:52 -0800
> Question for the list - How does Milwaukee compare to Dewalt?

Not strictly applicable, but I was considerably less than happy with the
only Milwaukee I ever bought.  It was a professional grade, corded 1/2"
drill, over $200 in 1985 or so (including the angle drive).  Never worked
right even after being sent in twice under warranty.  The chuck had a stiff
spot where it almost couldn't be turned by hand; and the speed control would
occasionally go full speed regardless of how far the trigger was pulled.

The third time they actually fixed it, and charged me another $60 as the
warranty had expired just a few days before I took it in.  When I protested,
they offered to refund the repair charge if I would give them the drill.

By contrast, my cheap Ryobi cordless has performed flawlessly for some 20
years, except for occasional battery replacement and not always being big
enough for the job.  Ryobi changed their battery design and no longer carry
batteries to fit my drill, but they are still available 3rd party (or I can
have the packs rebuilt with new cells).

-- Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96