[Shop-talk] Vintique Inc 3rd Brake Light

Subject: [Shop-talk] Vintique Inc 3rd Brake Light
From: jibjib at att.net (Jack Brooks)
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 21:26:32 -0700
Ron,

Using the lamp in a TR6's electrical system will provide more robust test
than testing off the car, so the voltage variances in the TR6 may have
caused an issue.  A lot of lower line LED lamps are built with too few
resistors controlling the amperage to the individual LEDs and fail quickly,
or perhaps there is a misfabrication.  If you can/want to open it up and
verify the circuitry is correct, here is a calculator I have used to design
LED circuits.  If the resistance is off, LED's can fail quickly.

http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

Personally, I'd call Moss up and talk with tech services before I opened it
up and potentially void a warrantee.  They may have already seen a failure
pattern with this item and can take care of you quickly.

Jack