Re: [Shop-talk] Off topic,

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Off topic,
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 18:12:06 -0500
Quick update...  my church had a projector and I brought it to my house
and played them all.  They played well and I can't believe that 70 film is
still going strong.

See what a VHS tape looks like after 20 years!  8>)

Thanks for all the help.

Now I just need to find a reputable place to send the film for conversion.
 Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks again!

Eric P
Waldo Emerson

Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
12/09/2011 12:57 PM

eric@megageek.com
cc

Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] Off topic, but I need help and I don't know where else to
turn to.

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 11:53 AM,  <eric@megageek.com> wrote:
> I'm in Western NJ.  Hopefully that is close.  8>)

Sadly, not so much - he's in Cincinnati.  I found this place which is
close to me

http://www.nostalgicmedia.com/Zpage%20FILM%20VIDEO.htm  that will loan
you a viewer so you can look at it easily before you commit to having
it converted.  There might be a place like that near you.  Otherwise
the local college or library sounds good.  Maybe a TV station that
still has film editing equipment?  They might let you take a look,
especially if there's something they might want to show later.

I'm still waiting to hear from my friend regarding old projectors and
handling old film.  If he can't do it personally, he might have
advice...

Cheers,
Jeff

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html