[Shop-talk] Storing Gasoline; was: Re: OT--car won't start

Subject: [Shop-talk] Storing Gasoline; was: Re: OT--car won't start
From: TR3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:30:01 -0800
> I have a sneaky feeling the makers of fuel
> 'stabilizers'--like the makers of oil additives--have a nice
> scam going; if the gas is actually serviceable for a year or
> more,

One important difference, I believe, is that your can is effectively sealed.
As soon as the vapors reach equilibrium with the fuel, it both stops
evaporating, and stops absorbing moisture from the air.

Most modern cars are sealed as well, but many older ones (as well as
tractors, boat motors, lawnmowers, etc.) are not.

-- Randall