[Shop-talk] Air hose reel opinions

Subject: [Shop-talk] Air hose reel opinions
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 09:49:43 -0400
Last summer I plumbed my whole shop for air.  I ended up with a total mis
match of air hoses and I got to learn alot about them.

First, the cheap HF are not worth even trying.  Many leak right out of the
box.  BUT, their slightly more pricey ones worked OK for me so far.
High end ones are nice, but WAY pricey.

What I did find was if I hit every Orange and Blue big box store (HD and
Lowes) in my area (there are over 12 in a 20 mile radius), I could find
ones on clearance.  I picked up about 3 this way.  I got GREAT deals on
nice units.

Right now I have about 8 air hose reels in my shop.  No two are alike.  I
also have 2 HR cheapie on my "to be addressed later" pile not doing
anything.  8>)

Eric P
Waldo Emerson

PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey at hotmail.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces at autox.team.net
05/03/2012 09:32

Shop Talk <shop-talk at autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
[Shop-talk] Air hose reel opinions

I've had enough with tripping over my air hose in my tight garage, so I'm
looking into an air hose reel.  Learned my lesson once by trying the
Harbor
Freight cheap-o model and it leaked right away, so I returned it.
Craftsman
has some nice looking ones in the $100-150 range and there's a sale ending
in
3-days I might jump on.  When I search Amazon, there is a ridiculous array
of
them at many price points....

I'm looking for one that can handle 50 ft. of 1/2" hose.  Self-retracting
is
not a requirement.  If they sell it with out the hose that would be great.
Something that can handle typical DIY use.

I know alot of people on this list use air in their shops, so I figured
it's a
great place to ask.

Thanks

Shop-talk at autox.team.net