[Shop-talk] Putting floor in attic - can't fit 4x8 sheets

Subject: [Shop-talk] Putting floor in attic - can't fit 4x8 sheets
From: jblair1948 at cox.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 09:50:34 -0400
At 07:50 AM 5/28/2012, Jim Franklin wrote:

 >16oc spans, 5/8 or 3/4 plywood/osb, storage of "stuff" i.e. dead loads.

 >I like t&g so I know I'm not going to overload an edge
accidentally, or if the
 >next owner wants to use it for live loads and won't curse me like I'm cursing
 >the PO for using 1/2" and 3/8"). But not enough to buy a router and set up a
 >table to route all these boards :-)

Well I had 1/2" plywood wasn't happy with it, too flimsy.  Felt like
I was going to
fall through.  So I just set another piece of 1/2" plywood or press
board on top.
That helped by I still didn't like it, and I wasn't covering as much
of the area as
I wanted.

So in March the wife and I pulled all the junk out of the attic, then
started removing
some of the old decking and replacing it with 3/4" plywood.  Turned
out pretty nice.
Now all we have to do is go through all the junk we took out of the
attic, and throw
a bunch of it away.  What's left goes back into the attic.  But that
will have to wait until
it cools off.

John
John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net

                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction