Re: [Shop-talk] Ford Explorer Brake Line Repair

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Ford Explorer Brake Line Repair
From: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 21:10:51 -0500
Just to close the loop on this part of the discussion, the truck does
currently live near the beach (eastern Long Island) but spent most of
its life fairly landlocked in Westchester County, but was near the water many,
many weekends, so salt air could be a factor. I doubt the car
was ever taken off road, but it did see its share of snow.  It is only an
occasional use vehicle now, but that is a recent development.

I had it
towed to the dealer today and asked them to inspect the other lines; I
should know more about that tomorrow.  I suggested that 7 years wasn't
very long for a hydraulic hose to last and the service guy fell back on
'whoever last worked on the brakes may have damaged them'.  Not being my
 car, there is not much I can do about that.