Re: [Shop-talk] Tell me about transponder keys

To: Dave C <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tell me about transponder keys
From: Shannah Miller <shannahquilts@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 21:24:04 -0700
Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net
In our case, with our two Priuses (Prii?) we sort of have
a key: if you press the right switch on the transponder,
a tiny almost toy key comes out that will unlock the doors.
It does not start the car.

We've had transponder keys for at least 10 years.  These
are the type you leave in your pocket, and simply touch the
door handle to get in.  You press a button to start the car.
So, the transponder is used a lot.  Still, we get a lot of warning
when there is a transponder problem (low battery) and we just
go to the dealer to replace it.

You can probably also google for instructions on how to
replace the battery yourself.  My mechanic showed me and it
was a simple process.

Shannah