Re: [Shop-talk] [Bulk] Smart thermostat ?

To: steve@hochschild.org SohiO0MJa/z2WmMBE9yVw5QcyqMNiqu3AhiMJBrbTC8SpJsO+U 89kZYgQIha4gZZBENIBDBniMwLCSWcNyT2LNgCWmczZmwyzvjU dBLijhEL3am+818fkLLViHTh02+7k7FCU/RaTSqFpy5LXZb1UD dhrku2D98u9Oesj0+kyJy5WB1mbBDRUV6RjPsfCTsCHb9488HI 32x249KP/JJCFDapGUPFrTLlrJ9gsWnokfzsS0VOWfDcg+F3ma Z2jdIH1NZgU2Fwf9XX2fEygX7Y7TxoSLiq8CnT8gSu+4McZvuD Y7bfkyD23V5kU+5MPtwu6sDbfZk9a2tHF+1b9tgRBCK3pbeENp JSVq1QMg15Vk1RJmZLj82QXian38GTSr4ew+T8cx6yQNJpRhvZ EPG3T
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] [Bulk] Smart thermostat ?
From: Tim Hoerning <tim@chenhoerning.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 22:21:51 -0400
Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Last year I upgraded my house to Nests.   The first one (heat & AC on separate
systems) was great but when I went to wire the second one, I found the Argo
box zone controller didnt like the vampire power draw of it.   Luckily they
make a dedicated power feed, but I had to run wires for the other thermostats
so they can be powered.

I love the programmability and the Nest App for setting the heat / AC when
coming home, but the install was definitely not as easy as expected.

I will vouch for their warranty.  I bought all but one use on ebay and they
were great on the phone and provided warranty returns quickly.

                Tim

On Oct 30, 2014, at 3:09 PM, steve hochschild <shochschild@att.net> wrote:

> We bought the Nest, and it works great for us.  The house is almost always
where we want it.  It allows you to easily adjust your preferences, and it is
connected, so it knows whether it is hot or cold outside.  We luv it, and
would buy it again.  It cost $250, installed in minutes, and works better than
we expected.  We live in Austin, and our thermostat is in the entryway...

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/shochschild@att.net