Re: [Shop-talk] Welding Class Project Suggestions

To: Mike <phoenix722@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Welding Class Project Suggestions
From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 21:28:43 -0600
Cc: shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
My instructor was super certified and even instructed welders from the Glen
Rose nuke sight.  One day I was carping about my school stick welder acting
different from the one in the next booth.    He asked my heat range; set
the amps at 1/2 of my range and ran a great bead . . .then he set it at
TWICE my amps and ran another great bead.  Merely adjusting arc length and
travel speed!  I am still in awe of his skill.
Tony