Re: [Shop-talk] Quad Copter with video cameras

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Quad Copter with video cameras
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 06:19:45 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 01/10/2015 06:19:41, Serialize complete at 01/10/2015 06:19:41
Again, WOW! on the great answers.

The overwhelming majority seem to point to the DJI Phantom 2+ so I'm going
with that.  I'm just waiting for the East coast to wake up so I can talk
to someone.  8>)

I do have to say that I really HATE the way most new technology start ups
constantly upgrade and improve designs (significantly) and use the same
name with no real way to discern what item you are actually buying.

With this model, there is a new 3 v.0.  It has a new remote, motors,
software, etc.  Yet the old one the and new one are named identically.

You can upgrade the old one to the new one, but if I want to buy the new
one, it's hard to know what I'm getting.  (most sellers advertise the
"v3.0" but that can mean its a new one or an upgraded one.)  UGG!!!

When you make major improvements, CHANGE THE MODEL NAME (or at least add a
suffix!)

I'm done ranting.

Thanks again for all your help!

I'm going to throw a donation to the list since this was off topic!!!  (In
fact, I think I'll make this a rule for me.  If I ask an off topic post
and get a good answer, I'll donate again!)

Thanks.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson