Re: [Shop-talk] Is this a shutoff?

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Is this a shutoff?
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 13:35:58 -0500
The first attempt to send this got eaten by the moderator daemon.

> On Aug 11, 2015, at 08:47, Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> Do modern codes really favor CSST or do modern businesses just favor it
because it is easier and cheaper to install?

Cast isn't much cheaper to install than black pipe.
Cast needs protection against nail strikes, dog bites, and lightning.  Doing
that eats up the installation cost advantage, most places.  Cut corners and
it's a lot cheaper. It will burn down sooner, too.

I wouldn't buy a house with csst, and I'd never install it either, other than
as an appliance drop.   I might have a different opinion if I lived in
California or other earthquake country. Flexibility is csst big advantage.