Re: [Shop-talk] Will a popped circuit breaker ground the hot wire?

To: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>, Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Will a popped circuit breaker ground the hot wire?
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 14:36:35 -0700
Jim - Is there anything in the circuit that might be creating the path
to ground?  Maybe you are getting continuity through an incandescent
light bulb.

I would test the switch out of the circuit.  There should never be
continuity between either of the hot wire screws of the switch and the
ground screw.

If you look closely at the switch, you will probably see the word "TOP"
stamped on the metal frame of the switch.

Brian