Re: [Shop-talk] Welding v. Rivets

To: rwil@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Welding v. Rivets
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 10:45:21 -0400
Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net
My thought was that I can seal the area with a silicone adhesive or automotive
bonding agents that will not be compromised by welding, and so superior to weld
through coatings and the like. The bed is attached to the truck frame with
eight 1/2 inch bolts so the rivets (or welds) do not add much structural
integrity to the structure.

Sent via iPad
Jim Juhas