Re: [Shop-talk] Helicoil for plastic?

To: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Helicoil for plastic?
From: Jim Stone <1789alpine@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 11:33:03 -0400
This is not an exact answer to your question , but I have done similar repairs
- although non plumbing -  in the past with JB Weld. I cleaned the female
threads well and then worked just enough JB into the threads. I put a light
coating of oil on the male threads, screwed them together and then let it set.
Unscrewing the first time can be a little difficult, but Iâ??ve always been
able to and have been able to reuse the threads.

While Iâ??ve never done a plumbing repair this way, I canâ??t see why it
wouldnâ??t work. My inclination would be to put a thin wrap of Teflon tape on
the male portion and then just leave it alone and hope for the best if I ever
had to remove it.  Worst case, you are back to your original plan.

Sent from my iPhone