[Shop-talk] Prep/etch/sealing a new concrete floor?

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Prep/etch/sealing a new concrete floor?
From: Obaa <obaa996@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 20:28:05 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1168874_436158314.1541708885131

Hey all,
I'm in the fortunate circumstance of a family member moving into a new hous=
e nearby, who is giving me their garage space to store my vehicles.=C2=A0 T=
he only caveat is that I do something to seal off the concrete, as all of m=
y vehicles leak something or another...The house is brand new; the concrete=
 was poured mid-summer, so I expect it is fully cured by now.=C2=A0 There's=
 been construction traffic through the garage (some paint/drywall drips and=
 other stains), otherwise, the utilities (furnace, water heater, plus requi=
red safety barriers) and a set of stairs into the house are the only things=
 on the floor.I think I need to do some scrubbing of the floor with either =
TSP, or perhaps a muriatic acid solution to prep the floor, and then apply =
a sealant.=C2=A0 I don't want to put down an epoxy, because I haven't had g=
ood luck with hot tire lift nor gas/oil resistance in my own house (hence t=
his question).=C2=A0 Curious if you folks have any recommendations on proce=
dures and/or specific products?=C2=A0 One thing I saw that looked interesti=
ng, was a chemical concrete "hardener", which sounded good, but which seeme=
d like it would affect adhesion of any sealant applied over it.
Thanks,Mike
------=_Part_1168874_436158314.1541708885131

fortunate circumstance of a family member moving into a new house nearby, w=
ho is giving me their garage space to store my vehicles.&nbsp; The only cav=
eat is that I do something to seal off the concrete, as all of my vehicles =
leak something or another...</div><div>The house is brand new; the concrete=
 was poured mid-summer, so I expect it is fully cured by now.&nbsp; There's=
 been construction traffic through the garage (some paint/drywall drips and=
 other stains), otherwise, the utilities (furnace, water heater, plus requi=
red safety barriers) and a set of stairs into the house are the only things=
 on the floor.</div><div>I think I need to do some scrubbing of the floor w=
ith either TSP, or perhaps a muriatic acid solution to prep the floor, and =
then apply a sealant.&nbsp; I don't want to put down an epoxy, because I ha=
ven't had good luck with hot tire lift nor gas/oil resistance in my own hou=
se (hence this question).&nbsp; Curious if you folks have any recommendatio=
ns on procedures and/or specific products?&nbsp; One thing I saw that looke=
d interesting, was a chemical concrete "hardener", which sounded good, but =
which seemed like it would affect adhesion of any sealant applied over it.<=
7a2yahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial,=
------=_Part_1168874_436158314.1541708885131--

--===============5105710066331192093==

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============5105710066331192093==--