Re: [Shop-talk] Drilling through a spark plug to make a christmas orname

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Drilling through a spark plug to make a christmas ornament?
From: Jimmie Mayfield via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 09:17:34 -0500

--------------A657F02BB7AD5A18EE3CE743

I wonder if you use an EDM to drill out the electrode?

On 12/14/18 8:37 AM, Benjamin Zwissler via Shop-talk wrote:

> Drilling out the center electrode would be my only recommendation, but
> I suspect that won't be easy either. I the bit gets out of the center
> and contacts the ceramic its likely to get dull rapidly and its a long
> narrow channel that would require really tight alignment.
>
> Ben....
>
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 8:01 AM Jim Franklin via Shop-talk
>
>     While lying awake at 0-dark:30 I had an idea of turning old spark
>     plugs into ornaments by inserting blinking lights in them. I
>     thought for sure it would have been done but I can't find anything
>     out there in Internet land. Is it possible to pull out the center
>     electrode with hand tools and a vise?
>
>     thanks,
>     jim
>

> --
> Ben Zwissler
> Columbus, IN

--------------A657F02BB7AD5A18EE3CE743

  <head>
  </head>
      the electrode?<br>
      via Shop-talk wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAMHq6ZxEzGTCKBC_OTR56z7OC-CG3vdV1usqyEZ5q8j6-aJRWQ@mail.gmail.com">
              recommendation, but I suspect that won't be easy either.
              I the bit gets out of the center and contacts the ceramic
              its likely to get dull rapidly and its a long narrow
              channel that would require really tight alignment.</div>
          Shop-talk &lt;<a href="mailto:shop-talk@autox.team.net";
            moz-do-not-send="true">shop-talk@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">While lying
          awake at 0-dark:30 I had an idea of turning old spark plugs
          into ornaments by inserting blinking lights in them. I thought
          for sure it would have been done but I can't find anything out
          there in Internet land. Is it possible to pull out the center
          electrode with hand tools and a vise?<br>
          thanks,<br>
          jim<br>
            moz-do-not-send="true">Shop-talk@autox.team.net</a><br>
          Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";