Re: [Shop-talk] annoying calls

To: "'Shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] annoying calls
From: Randall via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 18:47:47 -0700
We dropped our land line a long time ago, never regretted it.  My smart
phone shows the caller ID in terms of the names in my contact list if there
is a match.  If there is no match, I don't answer the phone.  That way, the
spammers never see an answer.  If they don't leave a coherent message, with
who they are and how to contact them, they don't get a call back either.

I'm not sure if it's just a function of the phone app, or my carrier is
involved; but when I block a number I get the option to report it as spam.

I can't say for sure that all this does any good, but over the few years
since I got this number, my undesirable calls have dropped from several a
day to less than one a month.  And those are usually wrong numbers by
humans.

-- Randall

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk