Re: [Shop-talk] Metal cleaner for paint prep

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Metal cleaner for paint prep
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 09:16:22 -0700
Thanks for the replies, guys. The gate was fabbed by a friend who works
for me sometimes (he's a garage door contractor). It's raw steel, so I
think I'll go with an off-the-shelf degreaser and maybe an acetone
follow-up (prob go with the Klean-Strip). It's gonna be a rattle-can
paint job, so nothing fancy.

I checked a few products with 2-Butoxyethanol didn't see any
products--with labels I could see--containing it. It appears the
environmentalists might have taken issue with it.
Bob