[Shop-talk] Studded tires

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: [Shop-talk] Studded tires
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 18:00:49 -0400 07/02/2020 06:00:51 PM, Serialize complete at 07/02/2020 06:00:51 PM
--===============4175116882561152054==

--=_alternative 0078ED2A85258599_=

OK, so I have a zero turn mower that is my lawn grass cutter and winter
snowplow.  The problem is that it gets poor tractor at both.

I use snow chains in the winter and that helps, but they don't last long
as they take a pounding.

I currently have turf tires on there for the mowing (and I put the chains
on them as well.)  I do have a set of ag tires for it, but the chains
don't work on it and it doesn't get much better traction on turf than the
turf tires.

So, I was wondering about getting/making a set of studded tires for the
mower to leave year on.  Here are my questions...

1-is it better to make a set or buy them (either way I need to buy new
tires.)
2-If I make them, what type of screw head is best?
3-How do they compare to chains for traction and abuse to asphalt?

Thanks.

Waldo Emerson
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 0078ED2A85258599_=

my lawn grass cutter and winter snowplow. &nbsp;The problem is that it
gets poor tractor at both.</font>
that helps, but they don't last long as they take a pounding.</font>
for the mowing (and I put the chains on them as well.) &nbsp;I do have
a set of ag tires for it, but the chains don't work on it and it doesn't
get much better traction on turf than the turf tires.</font>
a set of studded tires for the mower to leave year on. &nbsp;Here are my
questions...</font>
them (either way I need to buy new tires.)</font>
head is best?</font>
traction and abuse to asphalt?</font>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>

--===============4175116882561152054==--