Re: [Shop-talk] Inside door stickers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Inside door stickers
From: Eric Russell <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 10:58:41 -0400

--------------C77631B87CFF96C01B67DA41

I don't know if those stickers are required. Perhaps required of the
original manufacturer but maybe not for private sale?

Anyway, I have reproduced underhood stickers for restorations and have
had replacement stickers made after body repairs/repainting (race car)
using DIY Lettering
<https://doityourselflettering.com/vinyl-lettering/>. They were easy to
work with - I emailed .jpg files and they replied with 'proofs' which I
could tweak if needed until it was what I wanted. The items have proved
quite durable.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

On 7/7/2020 7:57 AM, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> When I painted the truck, I had to strip all the inside the door
> stickers.
>
> I took photos of all of them (none where in good enough shape to save.)
>
> But I was wondering.  Since this is a truck, is there a requirement
> for me to have any of these stickers there?  Especially the GVWR ones?
>
> If so, is there a website I can enter in the data and have it make an
> official  looking one?  (I can do it in photoshop, but I don't want to
> waste all that much time if I don't have to.)

--------------C77631B87CFF96C01B67DA41

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      the original manufacturer but maybe not for private sale? <br>
      have had replacement stickers made after body repairs/repainting
      (race car) using <a moz-do-not-send="true"
        href="https://doityourselflettering.com/vinyl-lettering/";>DIY
        Lettering</a>. They were easy to work with - I emailed .jpg
      files and they replied with 'proofs' which I could tweak if needed
      until it was what I wanted. The items have proved quite durable. <br>
    Eric Russell<br>
    Mebane, NC <br>
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:eric@megageek.com";>eric@megageek.com</a>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:OF92562A73.20F03596-ON8525859E.00417679-8525859E.0041BA55@mail.megageek.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
        to strip
        all the inside the door stickers.</font>
        (none where
        in good enough shape to save.)</font>
        is a truck, is there a requirement for me to have any of these
        stickers
        there?  Especially the GVWR ones?</font>
        enter
        in the data and have it make an official  looking one?  (I can
        do it in photoshop, but I don't want to waste all that much time
        if I don't
        have to.)</font>

--------------C77631B87CFF96C01B67DA41--

--===============4532864402386026188==