Re: [Shop-talk] Recommendations on yard sprayer

To: Paul Parkanzky <parkanzky@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Recommendations on yard sprayer
From: Peter Murray <peterwmurray@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 17:37:38 -0400
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>

--00000000000061787d05aa1d27a8

In addition to spraying, take a look at Preen Weed Preventer. It is very
effective at preventing germination, so the weeds never appear.

-Peter

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 3:35 PM Paul Parkanzky <parkanzky@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on creating a border around my barn so I can mow without
> trimming so I've been researching the same issue.
>
> Most of those sprayers have an adjustment at the tip to go from a
> stream to a wider pattern. Twisting the tip on that thing doesn't
> change anything?
>
> If that doesn't work then get yourself another sprayer. Then buy
> something like this:
>
> https://www.homedepot.com/p/RM43-32-oz-Total-Vegetation-Control-Weed-Killer-and-Preventer-Concentrate-76502/205748220
>
> There are a ton of brands out there. Hose the area down with something
> like that and everything will be dead within a couple weeks and stay
> that way until next year.
>
> -Paul
>
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 2:52 PM Scott Hall
> <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have this thing:
> >

> https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/262df14e-86b7-4bdf-8f8f-da9499c09315_2.92f2350fc4e1bca90c0192173c0ef9a5.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff
> >
> > I'm trying to keep weeds at bay--in the driveway and near the garage,
> and in those rocks in my previous post which sprout grass each spring. My
> plan was to use that sprayer to hose down the rock garden with a mixture of
> vinegar and salt and kill the little bastards before they germinated.
> >
> > That sprayer is useless for that--it produces a tiiny, thin spray that
> is really only useful for individual tiny weeds in cracks in pavement. And
> even that takes forever.
> >
> > The 'rocked area' is maybe 2000 sq. ft. total, and I want to inundate
> the area--I pulled them all by hand this year or used a driveway/roofing
> torch to burn them away but they're already re-sprouting.
> >
> > Anybody have a sprayer that can cover some area they recommend?
> >
> > Scott

--00000000000061787d05aa1d27a8

reen Weed Preventer. It is very effective at preventing germination, so the=
"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at=
 3:35 PM Paul Parkanzky &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:parkanzky@gmail.com";>parkanzk=
=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding=
-left:1ex">I&#39;m working on creating a border around my barn so I can mow=
 without<br>
trimming so I&#39;ve been researching the same issue.<br>
Most of those sprayers have an adjustment at the tip to go from a<br>
stream to a wider pattern. Twisting the tip on that thing doesn&#39;t<br>
change anything?<br>
If that doesn&#39;t work then get yourself another sprayer. Then buy<br>
something like this:<br>
Weed-Killer-and-Preventer-Concentrate-76502/205748220" rel=3D"noreferrer" t=
arget=3D"_blank">https://www.homedepot.com/p/RM43-32-oz-Total-Vegetation-Co=
ntrol-Weed-Killer-and-Preventer-Concentrate-76502/205748220</a><br>
There are a ton of brands out there. Hose the area down with something<br>
like that and everything will be dead within a couple weeks and stay<br>
that way until next year.<br>
-Paul<br>
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 2:52 PM Scott Hall<br>
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:scott.hall.personal@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">scot=
t.hall.personal@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I have this thing:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/262df14e-86b7-4bdf-8f8f-da=
9499c09315_2.92f2350fc4e1bca90c0192173c0ef9a5.jpeg?odnWidth=3Dundefined&amp=
;odnHeight=3Dundefined&amp;odnBg=3Dffffff" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_bl=
ank">https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/262df14e-86b7-4bdf-8f8f-da9499c09315_=
2.92f2350fc4e1bca90c0192173c0ef9a5.jpeg?odnWidth=3Dundefined&amp;odnHeight=
=3Dundefined&amp;odnBg=3Dffffff</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I&#39;m trying to keep weeds at bay--in the driveway and near the gara=
ge, and in those rocks in my previous post which sprout grass each spring. =
My plan was to use that sprayer to hose down the rock garden with a mixture=
 of vinegar and salt and kill the little bastards before they germinated.<b=
r>
&gt;<br>
&gt; That sprayer is useless for that--it produces a tiiny, thin spray that=
 is really only useful for individual tiny weeds in cracks in pavement. And=
 even that takes forever.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; The &#39;rocked area&#39; is maybe 2000 sq. ft. total, and I want to i=
nundate the area--I pulled them all by hand this year or used a driveway/ro=
ofing torch to burn them away but they&#39;re already re-sprouting.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Anybody have a sprayer that can cover some area they recommend?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Scott<br>
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"; rel=3D"norefer=