Re: [Shop-talk] On to wrenches

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] On to wrenches
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 19:03:38 -0700

--------------50A2B05848338FA10336094A

I'm looking for an organizer that puts the tools back in their places
for me.

On 7/21/2020 10:14 AM, brianlpro wrote:
> I have a small, two car garage, so I donâ??t need to roll my tool chest
> around. I have a 2x12 beam where I can hang most of my wrenches. I
> also modify the round loop holders for a peg board and mount them on
> my work bench to hold screwdrivers, ice pick (on of my most valued
> tools), etc. Most frequently used sockets are in socket holders in the
> toolbox. The rest are the usual sort though drawers. I have used
> magnetic strips to mount tools as well leaving more room in the
> crowded toolbox.
>
> Brian Kennedy
>
>> On Jul 21, 2020, at 9:18 AM, John Miller <jem@milleredp.com
>>
>> On 7/21/2020 7:45 AM, john niolon wrote:
>>> I understand Mark..  I went thru that a while back and used Ernst
>>> Mfg socket and wrench sets and never looked back
>>
>> I have everything and anything...from 1930s Herbrand Van-Chrome to
>> '50s Craftsman and '60s Proto to last week's Harbor Freight and
>> Amazon and a ton of stuff I've done off eBay.  I gave up.  I have a
>> 'metric drawer' that's about to get partitioned a little better and a
>> 'SAE drawer' likewise.  I don't have one of anything and often
>> need/want something specific so slotting things in a rack just
>> doesn't work.  Unless I had a lot more drawer space.
>>
>> Sockets are better partitioned.  I try to keep at least five of every
>> size from 6mm/1/4in up to an inch/25mm deep, short, etc.  Fewer of
>> the big ones, though I should buy more.
>>
>> John.

--------------50A2B05848338FA10336094A

  <head>
  </head>
    I'm looking for an organizer that puts the tools back in their
    places for me.<br>
      cite="mid:27E3BBCD-BABA-4D90-9966-9D60B4AD307F@comcast.net">
      I have a small, two car garage, so I donâ??t need to roll my tool
      chest around. I have a 2x12 beam where I can hang most of my
      wrenches. I also modify the round loop holders for a peg board and
      mount them on my work bench to hold screwdrivers, ice pick (on of
      my most valued tools), etc. Most frequently used sockets are in
      socket holders in the toolbox. The rest are the usual sort though
      drawers. I have used magnetic strips to mount tools as well
      leaving more room in the crowded toolbox.
            -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;"
            class="">
              font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;; font-size: 12px;
              font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
              font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align:
              start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none;
              white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">Brian
              Kennedy<br class="">
              font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;; font-size: 12px;
              font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
              font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align:
              start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none;
              white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><br
                class="">
                href="mailto:jem@milleredp.com"; class=""
                moz-do-not-send="true">jem@milleredp.com</a>&gt; wrote:</div>
                  class="">
                  went thru that a while back and used Ernst Mfg socket
                  and wrench sets and never looked back<br class="">
                I have everything and anything...from 1930s Herbrand
                Van-Chrome to '50s Craftsman and '60s Proto to last
                week's Harbor Freight and Amazon and a ton of stuff I've
                done off eBay.  I gave up.  I have a 'metric drawer'
                that's about to get partitioned a little better and a
                'SAE drawer' likewise.  I don't have one of anything and
                often need/want something specific so slotting things in
                a rack just doesn't work.  Unless I had a lot more
                drawer space.<br class="">
                Sockets are better partitioned.  I try to keep at least
                five of every size from 6mm/1/4in up to an inch/25mm
                deep, short, etc.  Fewer of the big ones, though I
                should buy more.<br class="">
                John.<br class="">

--------------50A2B05848338FA10336094A--

--===============7590462518804783397==