Re: [Shop-talk] Socket marking?

To: Eric Russell <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Socket marking?
From: Arvid Jedlicka <arvidj999@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 11:46:15 -0500
Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net

--0000000000009a091205ab32b670

Specifically which labels did you use? I have the P-Touch but it will take
several different types of labels in each width.

Thanks,
Arvid

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020, 10:58 AM Eric Russell <ejrussell@mebtel.net> wrote:

> I tried some pre-printed socket labels. But the sticky wore off and the
> printing was not solvent resistant.
>
> I have a Brother P-Touch label maker. I'm impressed with the durability.
> I've labeled some sockets and many of my tools in my 'Paddock Tool Kit'. I
> also applied labels to some kitchen measuring cups (the printed on markings
> wore off) and they are still intact a year or two later & after many
> washings.
> Eric Russell
> Mebane, NC
>
> On 7/24/2020 11:49 AM, eric@megageek.com wrote:
>
> 1-Sticker labels-do they last?  I actually use colored tape on a few of my
> most standard sizes so I can quickly find them, but that needs to be
> re-applied every few years.

--0000000000009a091205ab32b670

 but it will take several different types of labels in each width.=C2=A0<di=
ail_attr">On Fri, Jul 24, 2020, 10:58 AM Eric Russell &lt;<a href=3D"mailto=
uote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc =
solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
      and the printing was not solvent resistant. <br>
      durability. I&#39;ve labeled some sockets and many of my tools in my
      &#39;Paddock Tool Kit&#39;. I also applied labels to some kitchen
      measuring cups (the printed on markings wore off) and they are
      still intact a year or two later &amp; after many washings.</p>
    Eric Russell<br>
    Mebane, NC<br>
rer">eric@megageek.com</a> wrote:<br>
     =20
=C2=A0 I
        actually use colored tape on a few of my most standard sizes so
        I can quickly
        find them, but that needs to be re-applied every few years.</font>

rrer">Shop-talk@autox.team.net</a><br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</=