[Shop-talk] attic fan switches (does this exist?)

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: [Shop-talk] attic fan switches (does this exist?)
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 08:33:54 -0400 07/30/2020 08:33:58 AM, Serialize complete at 07/30/2020 08:33:58 AM
--===============1763153902511283546==

--=_alternative 00450712852585B5_=

I have an attic fan that is on a thermostatic switch.

I was wondering if there was a way that I can have it on a  thermostatic
switch AND a remote switch (like X-10)

What happens is that  I want to turn on the fan on some nights or days,
but it isn't hot enough to trigger it to go off.  If I reduce the
temperature setting, it stays on most on the time.

But I do want it to go on if it gets too hot when I'm not home.

Is there anything like this on the market?  I also couldn't figure out how
to wire 2 separate switches safely to accomplish this.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mule

Waldo Emerson
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 00450712852585B5_=

switch.</font>
I can have it on a &nbsp;thermostatic switch AND a remote switch (like
turn on the fan on some nights or days, but it isn't hot enough to trigger
it to go off. &nbsp;If I reduce the temperature setting, it stays on most
on the time.</font>
too hot when I'm not home.</font>
&nbsp;I also couldn't figure out how to wire 2 separate switches safely
to accomplish this.</font>
Thanks.</font>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>

--===============1763153902511283546==--