Re: [Shop-talk] toilet parts

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] toilet parts
From: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 17:55:02 -0700
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>

--000000000000bb317c05ac02b856

Regarding old/odd toilet parts in particular, I would suggest taking the
old parts down to the local hardware store and have them match-up the
replacement parts.

Otherwise one could end up with a great personal inventory of similar parts
that will not work and will never be used (been there and I hate doing
that).  :-)

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 5:16 PM Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I second the idea of a local hardware store like Ace or a plumbing supply
> house.  Many of the guts of a toilet can also be replaced with universal
> parts, so it may be worth taking the bad part and seeing if they have a
> match.  I've been helped a few times buy the small local stores.
>
> If you are looking at a big bill for an old toilet, it might be better
> going for a more modern water saving replacement, especially if you have
> expensive water.  Some are actually pretty decent now.
>
> Brian
>
> On 8/3/2020 2:47 PM, Tim . wrote:
>
> Hey all,
>
> Who do you for toilet parts? My standby for what not was always
> RepairClinic.com but they don't do toilets.
>
> thanks
> tim

--000000000000bb317c05ac02b856

est taking the old parts down to the local hardware=C2=A0store and have the=
d up with a great personal inventory of similar=C2=A0parts that will not wo=
rk and will never be used (been there and I hate doing that).=C2=A0 :-)</di=
">On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 5:16 PM Brian Kemp &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bk13@eart=
gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(20=
4,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
    I second the idea of a local hardware store like Ace or a plumbing
    supply house.=C2=A0 Many of the guts of a toilet can also be replaced
    with universal parts, so it may be worth taking the bad part and
    seeing if they have a match.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve been helped a few times buy=
 the
    small local stores.<br>
    If you are looking at a big bill for an old toilet, it might be
    better going for a more modern water saving replacement, especially
    if you have expensive water.=C2=A0 Some are actually pretty decent now.=
    Brian<br>
     =20
     =20
;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
        Hey all,=C2=A0</div>
;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
        Who do you for toilet parts? My standby for what not was always
        RepairClinic.com but they don&#39;t do toilets.=C2=A0</div>
;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
        thanks</div>
;color:rgb(0,0,0)">