Re: [Shop-talk] Air Compressor

To: Karl Vacek <stearman809@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air Compressor
From: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 12:16:41 -0700
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>

--0000000000007b814e05c29f8d1e

Hi Jeff,

Well, it is not the exact answer to your question (don't you like it when
folks respond this way) :-), but Saylor-Beall is 100% USA-made, and as good
as they come. They have 1.5, 2.0, 3.0, etc. HP vertical and horizontal
compressors, but their smallest tank for an electric motor is 60 gallon. It
would be the last compressor that you would ever need to buy:

https://www.saylor-beall.com/tank-mounted-vertical/

If the pricing new is too high, they are on eBay used,

But again, the only small tank model they make is a 30 gallon gasoline
powered compressor at the bottom of this list:
https://www.saylor-beall.com/tank-mounted-horizontal/

To actually answer your question, though, among the ones you listed, I
would go with Quincy if their small compressors still are made in the USA.

best,

doug

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 11:05 AM Karl Vacek <stearman809@gmail.com> wrote:

> If they're still actually Quincy, that would be a top unit.  Probably the
> best unknit on the market in the 70's through 90's at least.  IR used to be
> good too.
>
> Speedaire is whatever Grainger sells - varies by model and probably date.
> Campbell Hausfeld used to be consumer junk, but maybe they're better now?.
>
> No idea about Northstar or Belaire.
>
> Eaton in Ohio (family company, NOT the well-known conglomerate Eaton
> Corporation) sells decent compressor pumps, Chinese but their design copy
> and warrantee.  No idea if they have units in your size.
>
> Karl

er to your=C2=A0question (don&#39;t you like it when folks respond this way=
) :-), but Saylor-Beall is 100% USA-made, and as good as they come. They ha=
ve 1.5, 2.0, 3.0, etc. HP vertical and horizontal compressors, but their sm=
allest tank for an electric motor is 60 gallon. It would be the last compre=
/www.saylor-beall.com/tank-mounted-vertical/">https://www.saylor-beall.com/=
n, the only small tank model they make is a 30 gallon gasoline powered comp=
ressor at the bottom of this list:</div><div><a href=3D"https://www.saylor-=
beall.com/tank-mounted-horizontal/">https://www.saylor-beall.com/tank-mount=
stion, though, among the ones you listed, I would go with Quincy if their s=
s=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, May 18, 202=
1 at 11:05 AM Karl Vacek &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:stearman809@gmail.com";>stear=
style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);pa=
dding-left:1ex">If they&#39;re still actually Quincy, that would be a top u=
nit.=C2=A0 Probably the<br>
best unknit on the market in the 70&#39;s through 90&#39;s at least.=C2=A0 =
IR used to be<br>
good too.<br>
Speedaire is whatever Grainger sells - varies by model and probably date.<b=
r>
Campbell Hausfeld used to be consumer junk, but maybe they&#39;re better no=
w?.<br>
No idea about Northstar or Belaire.<br>
Eaton in Ohio (family company, NOT the well-known conglomerate Eaton<br>
Corporation) sells decent compressor pumps, Chinese but their design copy<b=
r>
and warrantee.=C2=A0 No idea if they have units in your size.<br>
Karl<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Shop-talk [mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net"=
 target=3D"_blank">shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net</a>] On Behalf Of Jeff<=