[Shop-talk] Plugging holes in refrigerators

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Plugging holes in refrigerators
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 19:38:04 -0500

--000000000000eb9cef05e445ee3c

I have acquired a kegerator. It lives in the garage.

(This has impacted my efficiency in the shop.)

The previous owner drilled two holes in side of the unit for drain and gas
lines. I don't have a floor drain, so my drain line is going to a bucket in
the unit, and my gas tank lives in there, too.

I finally got around to cleaning up those lines and now I have two
irregular holes in the side of my kegerator, leaking out 34=C2=B0 air.

Whomever did these was not interested in his workmanship. They're .5 inch
by .75 inch, more or less, so round plugs really don't work. The sheet
metal is also pretty jagged. I thought about drilling then out to a uniform
shape, but I really don't want to make them bigger.

I could masking tape one side and spray foam them, but I'm hoping the
outside could be a little more permanent.

Anybody have thoughts? All opinions welcome.

--000000000000eb9cef05e445ee3c

 previous owner drilled two holes in side of the unit for drain and gas lin=
es. I don&#39;t have a floor drain, so my drain line is going to a bucket i=
n the unit, and my gas tank lives in there, too.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br=
d now I have two irregular holes in the side of my kegerator, leaking out 3=
d these was not interested in his workmanship. They&#39;re .5 inch by .75 i=
nch, more or less, so round plugs really don&#39;t work. The sheet metal is=
 also pretty jagged. I thought about drilling then out to a uniform shape, =
but I really don&#39;t want to make them bigger.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br=
 but I&#39;m hoping the outside could be a little more permanent.</div><div=
ns welcome.</div></div>

--000000000000eb9cef05e445ee3c--

--===============0407486996597231966==

--===============0407486996597231966==--