Re: [Shop-talk] Wiring a 230v 50hz heater for U.S. 220v 60hz supply

To: "scott.hall.personal@gmail.com" <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>, "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Wiring a 230v 50hz heater for U.S. 220v 60hz supply
From: DAVID MASSEY <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 11:38:12 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1868765_1381310915.1666438692927

 First off, a resistance heater don't care about frequency.=C2=A0 It will b=
e happy with DC.=C2=A0=20

If the thermostat is just the old-school mechanical bi-metal thermostat (st=
ill the cheapest way to go) it will work just fine on 60 Hz, too.=C2=A0 If =
there are electronic controls the odds are really good that they will work =
just fine (actually better?) at 60Hz vs 50Hz.
BTW most line-powered electronics these days will work on either 50 or 60 H=
z and many will work over the 90 -264 Volt range making then suitable for u=
se in US and EU.

C'est simple. Cette plateau de chauffage va marche bien chez toi !=20
=20
Dave=20

BTW, I'm jealous.=C2=A0 Do you need someone to carry your bags?
=20
=20