Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Floor Paint

To: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Floor Paint
From: Shannah Miller <shannahquilts@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 11:19:23 -0800
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>

--000000000000278ce405f2a2d003

This is the system I'm planning to put in my garage studio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ea4S3sRYM

The color selection is pretty extensive.
https://concretefloorsolutions.com/

The one downside is that the surface needs to be prepared
thoroughly.  There have been a few cases where acid washing
wasn't enough, and the floor didn't stick.

Shannah

On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 9:31 AM Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all...  I've decided to coat my garage floor with something - the
> bare concrete just sheds too much dust to consider the garage "clean".
> Every time I sweep, it looks like Pigpen from the Peanuts comics.
>
> I can hire a painting contractor to come in and do the job, but it
> would be a lot easier on me if I could do half at a time (shifting all
> the boxes and benches from half to half), but I expect that would
> increase the cost of the contractor.  So, are there good DIY solutions
> to garage floor coatings?  I'm not as concerned about the aesthetics
> of the seam where the coatings overlap - anything is better than what
> I've got.
>
> Associated question:  The original builders put some gouges and
> craters in the floor.  Nothing too big, but maybe there's a successful
> way to fill them before coating?
>
> -- Jeff

--000000000000278ce405f2a2d003

h?v=3DW3ea4S3sRYM">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DW3ea4S3sRYM</a></div><=
=3D"https://concretefloorsolutions.com/";>https://concretefloorsolutions.com=
o be prepared</div><div>thoroughly.=C2=A0 There have been a few cases where=
 acid washing</div><div>wasn&#39;t enough, and the floor didn&#39;t stick.<=
te"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 9:31 AM J=
eff Scarbrough &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fishplate@gmail.com";>fishplate@gmail.c=
n:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex=
">Hi all...=C2=A0 I&#39;ve decided to coat my garage floor with something -=
 the<br>
bare concrete just sheds too much dust to consider the garage &quot;clean&q=
uot;.<br>
Every time I sweep, it looks like Pigpen from the Peanuts comics.<br>
I can hire a painting contractor to come in and do the job, but it<br>
would be a lot easier on me if I could do half at a time (shifting all<br>
the boxes and benches from half to half), but I expect that would<br>
increase the cost of the contractor.=C2=A0 So, are there good DIY solutions=
to garage floor coatings?=C2=A0 I&#39;m not as concerned about the aestheti=
cs<br>
of the seam where the coatings overlap - anything is better than what<br>
I&#39;ve got.<br>
Associated question:=C2=A0 The original builders put some gouges and<br>
craters in the floor.=C2=A0 Nothing too big, but maybe there&#39;s a succes=
sful<br>
way to fill them before coating?<br>
-- Jeff<br>
ox.team.net</a><br>