[Shop-talk] Inexpensive OBD-II Scanner

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Inexpensive OBD-II Scanner
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 12:08:17 -0500

--000000000000fdcafa06107d46c0

I have a 2012 Ford F-150 that throws a code.  It's been to the dealer and
repaired, then it threw the code again 5 months 3000 miles later.  The
dealer had it for a week and reset it and couldn't find a fault.  Now,
another 1500 miles and it's come back.

N.B. Changing the battery also threw a code (the light went off after
driving for a while, but it still shows on the scanner).

I have a few suggestions to try and fix it, but I'm looking for something
to read and reset the codes with.  I can get my FLAPS to read it, but they
are reluctant to reset it sometimes.  I see readers on Amazon for $15 and
up, but I'm willing to pay for a quality tool as long as it isn't stupid
expensive.

Any suggestions?

Jeff the S
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

--000000000000fdcafa06107d46c0

s been to the dealer and repaired, then it threw the code again 5 months 30=
00 miles later.=C2=A0 The dealer had it for a week and reset it and couldn&=
#39;t find a fault.=C2=A0 Now, another 1500 miles and it&#39;s come back.<b=
r><br>N.B. Changing the battery also threw a code (the light went off after=
omething to read and reset the codes with.=C2=A0 I can get my FLAPS to read=
 it, but they are reluctant to reset it sometimes.=C2=A0 I see readers on A=
mazon for $15 and up, but I&#39;m willing to pay for a quality tool as long=

--000000000000fdcafa06107d46c0--

--===============7017110121751541814==

--===============7017110121751541814==--