shotimes

[Shotimes] RE: Wealthiest Counties in U.S.

To: <av8r567@optonline.net>
Subject: [Shotimes] RE: Wealthiest Counties in U.S.
From: "Ron Porter" <ronporter@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 16:37:55 -0400
Definitely not up to date. Plus Wikipedia has been shaky on a LOT of info!!

My info was recently published in the press. Doesn't matter, as all of the
top ones are close.

FWIW, up until around 10 years ago, the Zip code encompassing Bloomfield
Hills MI was the wealthiest Zip in the country, trading off with Zips in CA.

The auto industry decline has killed a lot of that!!

County numbers are weird, anyway. The very south end of the county is pretty
pitiful (it borders Detroit and has residents to match) and the very north
end is still a lot of farms and open areas. But....the populated areas do
pretty damn well!!

Nonetheless, the key issue is that Oakland County supports the state!! This
is one reason for the big pissing match between Oakland and the city of
Detroit.......who basically sucks up all of the MI tax $$$s.