shotimes

[Shotimes] RE: (OT) Dodge Challenger Appearance

To: "'Shotimes'" <shotimes@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [Shotimes] RE: (OT) Dodge Challenger Appearance
From: "Ron Porter" <ronporter@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 11:09:42 -0400
Well, that's Motor Trend!! I dropped them about 25 ears ago, and
occasionally reading an issue doesn't leave me regretting that decision!!

I agree, the new Camaro concept does nothing for me, primarily because of
that lame front-end they came up with. Proportions are nowhere as clean as
the Challenger.

I predict the Challenger will blow away the Camaro for sales (after the 1st
year when both ill sell as many as they can build). Camaro has lost it's
luster. From the mid-'80s forward, Mustang GTs were the cheap cars that
folks wanted to build up. Chevy and Ford reversed roles. My Camaro buddy had
both, and parts for his LX 5.0 were far cheaper than for the LT1/LS1 set.

Ford has had a 40 year momentum with the Mustang, and DCX is developing a
solid following of new & old fans with its Hemi vehicles. Chevy is a day
late and a dollar short to this party.

Ron Porter

  _____