shotimes

Re: [Shotimes] HP & Torque Figures for 3.0 + 3.2

To: "Peter Maggiacomo" <gtsrider@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] HP & Torque Figures for 3.0 + 3.2
From: "Leigh Smith" <leighsm@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:40:57 -0400
>From shotimes:
Ford decided that additional low-end torque was necessary to work with the
slushbox. The stall speed of the torque converter would have been too high
with the 3.0, so Ford had Yamaha bore the engine to 3.2 liters (the bore
went from 3.5" to 3.62"), bringing the torque peak down in the RPM range
while increasing its magnitude. The 3.2 liter engine's torque peak is 215
lb-ft @ 4000 RPM, and the power peak is 220 hp @ 6000 RPM. The corresponding
figures for the 3.0 liter engine are 200 lb-ft @ 4800 RPM and 220 hp @ 6200
RPM.