tranny and rear end stuff

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: tranny and rear end stuff
From: "lew" <lsmc@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 18:34:51 -0800
    Hello all,
I got the tranny and rear end out of my 63 spit and i was wondering if there
is anything i should look at\do while they are out.
    I think my clutch problem was caused by a bad pressure plate. Almost
half the tabs (things the t\o bearing comes into contact with) were
"depressed" about 1\4" to 3\8". They were pretty soft also. I could push
them in with my fingers quit a ways also. When comparing this with the plate
of my 67 there was a noticable difference.
thanks again,
Lew 63 and 67 spits