Starter solved but now no start on 80 Spitfire

To: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Starter solved but now no start on 80 Spitfire
From: Nikki MW1 <NikkiMW1@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 18:18:43 EST
Hello its me again,
Well I got the starter problem solved but now she won't start.  Just cranks
and cranks.  She doesn't even kick.  I traced all the wires that I might have
bumped while putting in the new started but all seem intact.  In order to get
the starter in and out I had to remove or move out of the way the fuel pump
(electric) it still humms away.  Oil sender from bottom of distributor.  And
the starter wire.  Everything is back to where it should be.  Right now I
can't think of anything that I missed.  I am looking to the wisdom of the list
for some answers
TIA
Nikki
P.S.  I am looking for a blanking plate to cover the fuel pump opening.  If
anyone knows of where I can get one please let me know
TA