More on Slave Cylinders

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More on Slave Cylinders
From: Brian Neuschwander <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 10:38:55 -0700
Andy and List-

FWIW, my visual comparison of the aluminum and iron (longer) slave
cylinders revealed the following:
        1.  Same 7/8 bore
        2.  Circlip stop for piston is same relative distance from front
                of pinch bolt slot.
        3.  OD is the same.
        4.  Iron cyl is longer (deeper and larger fluid capacity)
        5.  Spring inside are the same length (Are they supposed to be?)
        6.  Cup on pushrod end of piston appear same depth
        7.  Pistons appear same in all other respects.

Andy, regarding my assemblage of the 65 from the parts pile and having
it work better than the factory 79 assemblage, how is this random parts
pile method of car building any different than the Leyland method?  Hmm.
--
Brian W. Neuschwander