Re: Spitfire luggage rack

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire luggage rack
From: Chip Mautz <clmautz@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 07:28:41 -0700 (PDT)
---Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net> wrote:

> I'm sure this is a long shot but I kind of fancy the old, original
style
> rack found on roundtail Spitfires, and was wondering if these were
still
> available?  These are the ones that mounted to the hinge area and
narrows
> to around the latch and *appears* to not require any drilling (not
sure
> about the latch area).  If these are no longer available, does anyone

I don't have a lead on the rack, but have ya'll seen the cool
Spitfire/GT-6 article in the June/July issue of British Car?  Awesome!
 Btw, the red Spitfire has a NICE example of the rack that I believe
you're describing...

Chip
'71 MKIV (no rack)

==
If you're still in control, you're not going fast enough...

No keyboard present.  Hit F1 to continue.  Zen engineering?