GT6+ rear wheel cylinders

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6+ rear wheel cylinders
From: "Michael Bayrock" <michael_bayrock@bctinet.bctransit.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 08:47:47 -0700
     Yesterday, during my regular lunch-time walk, I returned with two new
     wheel cylinders in my hands.  I've gotten 24 hour turnaround on them,
     and they only cost me $16.00 CDN each.

     However, they could only supply me with the 5/8" bore cylinders, not
     the 0.7" that I think are the ones I need.

     For the record, I have a 1970 GT6+ (registered as '71), KC80064L with
     rotoflex rear suspension.

     My questions are:

     - what bore size do I really need,
     - if I use a different size, what will be the effect, and
     - has anyone heard of "Lph Hydraulics" - apparently an Italian company
     - and how do they stack up?

     Thanks

     Michael
     michael_bayrock@bctransit.com